Yield: 12 servings
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce (See Note; the soy sauce and water just needs to be a 1:1 ratio)
- 1 cup water
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 bunch of green onions , chopped (reserve the other half for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (not essential but add it if you have it)
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- Trim chicken thighs of any visible fat. Mix soy sauce, water, brown sugar, onions, garlic, sesame oil, and coconut milk in a large bowl. Marinade chicken for at least 8 hours or overnight to make sure the flavor gets infused.
- Grill chicken at a low heat so that the marinade does not burn for 5-7 minutes per side or until done. If you do not have a grill you can use a indoor grill pan.
- Serve over a platter of coconut rice and garnish with green onions and a drizzle of additional soy sauce.
- *Coconut rice can be made by just replacing half of the water in your rice recipe with coconut milk.